Kids and their parents often look for unique and creative snacks for school parties, especially at Halloween time! One simple idea is to decorate a chocolate pudding cup to look like a pumpkin patch or a graveyard.
Use your creativity to come up with ways to make everyday snacks and candies become stars in a fun Halloween scene!
You could use:
- crushed chocolate cookies, such as Oreos, to make dirt,
- gummy worms,
- candy pumpkins,
- icing in a variety of colors,
- oblong cookies like Pepperidge Farm Milanos, Nutter Butters, or graham crackers to make gravestones,
- half of a round cookie like Oreos to make a full moon [if you keep the icing on it!],
- edible sprinkles in the shapes of leaves, bones, or eyeballs or in fall colors,
- pretzel sticks,
- candies such as Peeps in Halloween shapes,
- … and lots more!
If you plan to share the treats with young children, it would be good to avoid non-edible decorations like those made from plastic. Small children may not realize they can’t eat these items and could choke on them.
See the pictures below for some ideas!